Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Resolutions

I don't think I'll make New Year's resolutions this year. I use too, but I kept disappointing myself because I never seemed to achieve them. By the time the cold dark months of winter melted into the warmth of spring and summer, I couldn't even remember my new year's resolutions. I then decided to make "goals" instead of resolutions. This past year I met one goal out of several. I guess thats a little better than in past years.
For this new year, I feel the need to just keep my options open. I think alot lies in store for me this year so I'm keeping my stress level as low as possible. Don't you know those new year's resolutions/goals can just be another layer of something that you have to do. I think I'll just keep striving to be better at the things I feel are important and give my attention to the people who need me. Self improvement, yes, thats it! To be better at what and who are most important in my life.
Here's to new beginnings. Happy New Year!

I have some wonderful pictures from Christmas. I'll post a few this week.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Great post! I look forward to the pictures.

Cathy

southerninspiration said...

yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Resolutions sound so constraining and not motivating....goals...that's something you work toward, right?
Suzanne

Serah said...

I love your post! You're so right about goals rather than resolutions.

Michelle said...

(((hugs))) dear friend! Happy New Year, wishing the best for you and yours!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Very good thoughts for sure. I really do agree with you.
Looking forward to your pictures.
Good thoughts for you and yours in this new year.
Donna

Cathy said...

Hey Rebecca, there's an award waiting for you on my blog.

Cathy

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Happy New Year Rebecca!

I've been thinking of you! I hope all is well and you're enjoying the New Year, it's hard to believe isn't it?

Prayers and Hugs,
Kathi :)

Anonymous said...

Cute blog!! :) Thanks for commenting on mine. I love it when people stop by!