Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good News!


And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (Luke 2:9-11)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)
Good news indeed! This may be my last blog entry before Christmas. My sisters and brothers are due to arrive home within the next couple of days. I'll be readying my home, running last minute errands, and joyfully awaiting the upcoming week. This next week will be filled with laughter, love, and fellowship with those I love the most. Let me not be too busy, lest I forget about the One I love the very most, and the gift He has given to me. Never have I known such love. Never have I known such mercy. I am awestruck at the enormity of Him.

I wish for you all a season of joy and celebration, filled with all those people and things you love the most. Merry Christmas!

P.S. Wanna hear some more good news? I talked with Judy this morning. She sounded like her old self. This is a true gift, considering the last few weeks of nausea, weakness, pain, and just pure suffering. We had begun to doubt that she could make the trip home and even wondered how much longer this could last. But today she has turned a corner. She's hungry, restful, perky and says, "I feel better than I've felt in weeks." Praise God for his loving mercy. He will fill our holidays with joy, strength and peace. Hold your dear ones close this holiday season, and give Him thanks.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Good News Indeed!!! Praise God! Thanking God for Judy's renewed strength!

Cathy

Serah said...

Thank God! What an awesome update right before Christmas. I was praying for you all just the other morning.

I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed Christmas together.

Paula@SweetPea said...

Enjoy your time with your family. I am so glad that Judy is feeling a little bit better.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Oh Rebecca, He is the reason for the season in deed. His mercies are wonderful. May God bless your family and keep Judy close as you spend this time together. Cherish every moment together. My prayers are never ending.

Christmas Blessings and Hugs,
Kathi :)

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I love your new header picture! :)

southerninspiration said...

That is good news. I hope she enjoys her renewed strength!
Suzanne