Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baking Day

So this will be me on Saturday. Its time to do my annual Christmas baking. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say I'll be doing my annual baking, of any kind. My lovely pink KA mixer has been in the box since I last used it. That would be last Christmas. I love to cook, and enjoy making pies and a few other sweeties. But baking cakes, cookies, bread has never really been my "thing." Sometime late last year I decided to give in to my urge to purchase a KA mixer, having all these grand ideas that it would turn me into a talented and accomplished baker. And that pretty pink one was on sale! I think I've used it about 5 times. I'm scared of it.

Anyway, Saturday's the big day. Here's what I'm planning:

Iced Ginger Cookies (a yummy cookie from my friend Jeannine)
Chubby Hubby Cookies
Kathi's Mom's Melting Moments (find this fantastic recipe on Kathi's blog http://www.lavenderlaceandthyme.blogspot.com/ )
Sea Island Bars
Cheese Wafers (for a little something savory)
Brin's Crock Pot Christmas Candy
Kathi's Peanut Butter Balls (you'll find those on Kathi's blog too)

I think that will do for now.... wish me luck!

I have been young and now I am old. Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging for bread. Psalm 37:25

Praise God His descendants aren't counting on me!

4 comments:

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Rebecca, are you there? I sent you several emails :) I was hoping to hear from you today! LOL

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I was just looking back at your awesome pink mixer, it's just like my Mom's. Each one of us has our own Kitchenaide mixer, people would laugh if they saw all of them lined up and going all at the same time LOL! You really must take pictures!

Your cookie list looks perfect, do you need more recipes? LOL frosted white ones, peanut blossoms, our secret family recipe? :D You just have fun baking, will you have family come and help you? I know, too many questions

Hugs,
Kathi :)

Serah said...

Speaking from experience, my own pink KA mixer is wonderful and you're going to have so much fun! Mine has definitely gotten a lot of use since last Christmas.

Have fun baking! I'm praying for you guys!

Cathy said...

Do you need a bowl scaper outer? I would be happy to be your official taste tester. :)

Have fun!
Cathy