Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Merry Christmas

                                                                        from Garden and Gun


From my little corner of the South,
Merry Christmas.....

Christmas snuck up on me this year.
Like a mischevious child, sneeking up from behind,
shouting "Boo!"
The planner, always wanting to be prepared.
part of me is in a tizzy.
Final presents to purchase,
and wrap,
and menus to plan,
and food to purchase,
and cook,
guest room preparations to make...
all these things swirl around in my head,
this week before Christmas.

Then there is the one thing...
that looms over it all,
the great sadness of those families
in Conneticut.
I imagine the presents under the trees,
and presents yet to be wrapped,
who's receipient is missing.
And, my heart breaks.....

Why should I be in a tizzy? 

I wanted to blog about my home decorations,
family celebrations, meals and recipes.
But I can't...it doesn't seem right for me right now.

My Christmas wish is for comfort for the children and adults of Newtown,
peace for us all,
a friend for each of us,
and to love and be loved.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled.
Do not be afraid."
JC

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I know what you mean. Knowing so many are in pain reminds me how blessed I am just for today.

This morning was the Lower School Choral Concert at the boy's school (grades k4 - 5th grade all together) and I just teared up watching the parents walk in with their little ones all dressed in Christmas finery, almost all of them full of happiness at the impending holiday celebrations. It hurt so bad knowing that there are so many parents who won't know that joy.