Thursday, January 3, 2008

A New Year

I've never been one to make new year's resolutions, mainly because I'm afraid of the disappointment of not keeping them. But here are a few things I'd really like to work toward this new year. Notice I said "work toward." Completion would be an added bonus!

1. Growing more in my spirituality. I want to spend more quality time with God. I want to get better at hearing his voice, being obedient to his direction and his nudgings. I am keenly amazed (and overwhelmed) by this thing called grace, and that he continues to forgive and love and accept and spend time with me, no matter what. I want to do a study on God's grace.

2. I want to focus more on my health, and this is total health, body, mind, and spirit. I'd love to get this extra 10 lbs off my frame, and learn to control and reduce stress, and the effects it has on my total being. I want to eat healthier, rest and sleep, spend time in happy ways, like with my family. Is this the resolution that everyone has each year? I think as I age, and see changes and little health issues cropping up, I am becoming more aware of how important this is.

3. I want to take a different career path, one that is less than a full 40 plus hour work week, one that is not fraught with stress and politics. One that allows me to focus on the ideas I have swirling in my head for writing, keeping my home, working in a more social service capacity, and taking care of myself. Basically, just slow down a bit.

4. Real Estate. I want real estate. Preferably on St Simons Island.

Remember not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth. Will you not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19

Here's to new beginnings!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Here, here to new new beginnings! His grace is amazing! This past year I strived to extend more grace to others.

I'm so glad you have created a blog. Off to read more of your posts.

Cathy