Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Other Things

I've had a hard time keeping up with blogging.  It seems like for a few years, I really enjoyed blogging, and blogged regularly.  Nowadays I do well if I blog once a month.  I still keep blog post ideas in my head, and I'll think, "I need to blog about that!"  And, my camera still hangs at my side, sometimes with pictures that I want to share.  But sitting down to actually "do it" often evades me.  Maybe its because I'm back at work full time.  Maybe its because the last 5 months or so have been a whirlwind of activity with wedding planning, college graduation, end of school, and the illness and loss of our sweet old girl, Sophie. 

Our girl Annalee was married to her sweet Jeff last week....two weeks after her graduation from college.

We lost Sophie in April.  She was my best good friend, and a faithful and loving companion.  I've had dogs, and pets of almost every variety through out my life.  Sophie was an exceptional pet, a member of our family.  I miss her terribly.



I'm heading to my island in a few weeks.  Home.

I miss my blogging friends.  And, I'm sure they've all given up on me.  But I do still get by your blogs on a regular basis, to read, and sometimes comment.  Hopefully I can spend more time here on my blog and hanging out with my blogging friends again. 

1 comment:

Shelley in SC said...

Hi, Rebecca!! I'm right where you are with blogging. With life so hectic I can't hardly justify spending more time with my blog than I am with my family!! Your daughter's picture is beautiful!! I'm so glad you can describe her new husband as sweet!! Sounds like you're enjoying having the addition of him into the family!! And so very sorry for your loss. We have 2 dogs that are both 12 and, so, have been a part of our family since most of our 5 kids can remember. I know a sore loss will come eventually. The strong, confident picture of your dog is really striking. Thanks for posting and enjoy your island!!