Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hoping Hoping Hoping

Our weather service is calling for snow for our area tomorrow. I'm so excited!! I LOVE snow! If its going to be this dadgum cold outside (it was 14 degrees at my house this morning) then pleeeeze let there at least be snow!

Snow is a real treat, an unofficial holiday, an O-fficial fun day in our part of the world. We rarely see snow in Georgia, even in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, where I live. When we get word of it heading our way, most of us get downright giddy with excitement. Today our grocery stores will sell out of milk and bread and any kind of soup fixin's. Schools will send home "just in case" notes on where to tune your dial for school closings.

Snow! Snow! Lovely snow! Won't you join me in crossing fingers and toes, and wishing big for snow in Georgia tomorrow!

Can you tell I'm in for a major disappointment if it doesn't...............No, don't even speak it!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

OK, just for you, I hope there is snow in Georgia. As long as it doesn't come inside the perimeter. :) Seriously, unless something has changed during the day today I'm not expecting anything too crazy. I do think we'll see some snow but it doesn't sound like it's going to be a big deal here. I hope not.

Henley on the Horn said...

I hope you have at least 4 inches of beautiful white snow!!! I am sad to have moved to FL last year where we will never have a snow day:)! There is something so fun about bundling up at home with a cup of hot chocolate and the inability to go anywhere. LEt us know!

Shelley in SC said...

Yes, we're "hoping, hoping" too!! I believe we're just in for some flurries and no accumulation. We'll see. And you're right . . . if it's going to be this doggone cold, let's at least get some snow out of it!

Michelle said...

I am still holding my breath to see if we truly get a snow day tomorrow!!!!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

brrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! ":) My heart breaks for all the farmers. :(