Friday, September 19, 2008

Coming Home

My sister Judy is coming home for a visit next week. I am so looking forward to our time together. Its been a rough summer for all of us, and I guess especially for her. The news she received this summer regarding her cancer has not been good. So she feels the need to come home for a time, however short her visit might be, and surround herself with family. I can't wait to see her. Right now I choose not to think on the future, and what it holds for her, for us. Right now I choose to plan for next week, for the outings we will make, the tea we will drink, the sunsets we'll enjoy from the deck, the laughter that always comes from our silly husbands who choose to act like crazy kids and cut up too much. Right now I choose to plan menus for family dinners...and to make sure I have my camera ready for those pictures that will last forever.

I'll think about the other stuff another time... Hurry home Judy! I can't wait to get my arms around you.

4 comments:

Beaufort Belle said...

Hooray, another visit from Judy!! Definitely take pictures and just relax and enjoy these moments and memories you are still making together.

Love you!

sheila from life @ #17 said...

oh...what a bittersweet time for you, your sister and the rest of ya'lls family...

I'm so hoping Judy beats this thing...

Cathy said...

I hope you all have had a great week together.

Love,
Cathy

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

What wonderful news! A visit from Judy. I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful time with laughter upon laughter and lots of pictures with beautiful memories :)

Hugs to you!
Kathi :)