Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

One of the things I'm always hoping for,
on Thanksgiving Day,
is beautiful weather.
In Georgia, every so often on Thanksgiving,
we're blessed with a warm and sunny day.
When that happens,
I like to throw open the back door,
and set up a table on the deck.
Our deck is off our dining room,
so its easy to just extend the dining area
outside.
I'm really hoping for a nice 70 degree day this year.
I already have a tablescape of sorts,
on the dining table.
But, if by chance I can also set up a table outside,
look at these gorgeous tablescapes I found on Google....


I love the natural elements.


And, the green glassware reminds me of my Granny.



I'll have about 15 people at my house on Thanksgiving Day,
so to extend the dining room to the outside would be perfect.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year.
Its been a challenging year at times,
with a wedding, the loss of a sweet family pet,
several major and unexpected home repairs,
and at this very moment...two days before Thanksgiving...
new flooring being installed over a majority of our house.
But, I'm thankful for those new, badly needed floors.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Shelley in SC said...

Wow . . . I do love your style!! Love, love, love the mixing in of the natural elements. I hope the weather cooperates. There's nothing like a bit a fresh fall air while eating Thanksgiving dinner. Have a really blessed day!!